A 'normal' week in Y5
- English and Maths sessions each day.
- Spelling and arithmetic sessions daily.
- RE lessons twice a week.
- Topic (History & Geography), Art/DT and PE taught weekly.
- Reading comprehension sessions twice a week.
Year 5 Mass at St Patrick's Church
Nottinghamshire County Council SWAC Team Visit
Christmas sewing for the Mini-Market
- Spellings- words following a pattern to learn based on the weekly spellings in class.
- Maths- arithmetic questions covering the four calculation methods and fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Reading- short text to read and comprehension questions to answer.
Setting and handing in
- Homework is set on Fridays.
- Homework is collected in on a Wednesday.
- Homework must be handed in by Wednesday to receive a dojo point.
- All children are to work to this deadline in order to deepen their learning.
- Homework club takes place on a Friday lunchtime with staff on hand to offer support and help with any queries.