Welcome to Year 3
Mrs. Lund (Teacher Weds, Thurs, Friday)
Mrs. Wilkins-Campbell (Teacher Mon, Tues)
Mrs. Kelly (TA)
A typical week in Year 3:
- Maths, comprising of daily arithmetic and teaching and learning on the specific unit focus for the current block of learning. This involves a range of fluency, reasoning and problem solving tasks.
- English, comprising of spelling, punctuation and grammar throughout the week which builds into writing tasks where skills can be applied. Writing links to the class text (two of the Y3 texts are 'The Witch's Tears' by Jenny Nimmo and 'The Iron Man' by Ted Hughes). It often also links to the current RE, Topic or Science unit, to provide a sound, broader context for writing and non-fictional learning.
- RE twice a week, comprising of Scripture Detectives (where children are encouraged to begin a unit by exploring the Bible stories and Church teachings they'll be learning about prior to the focused sessions) and lessons where they describe actions, give reasons for these and begin to make links to Scripture, Church Teaching or charities and individuals who show (or have showed) Christian Values in their lives.
- Collective Worship - planned and led by the Chaplaincy Team and other classes
- PE, which is mainly taught by our Sports Coach, as well as a swimming unit in Y3.
- Forest Schools (Autumn)
- Music, Art, DT and French are covered in blocks over the course of the year.