Welcome to the Year Four class page
Mr Kitchinson (Teacher)
Mrs Slaney and Mrs Mollatt (TAs)
A week in the life of Year Four
- English and Maths lessons each day
- Arithmetic sessions daily
- RE Lessons twice a week
- Topic afternoons (non-core subjects: History or Geography combined with Art or D&T)
- PE and Science taught weekly
The following activities are provided weekly
- Spellings - words following a pattern to learn each week with their definitions
- Maths - twelve arithmetic questions covering the four calculation methods and fractions, decimals and percentages
- Additional tasks may be added such as Reading Comprehension, RE Scripture Detective work and tasks related to the current topic.
Setting and handing in
- Homework is set on Fridays
- Homework is collected in on Wednesdays and marked.
- Homework booklets must be handed in by Wednesday.
- All children are to work to this deadline in order to deepen their learning.
- Individual arrangements can be made for any child who is unable to make the deadline if staff are given reasonable notice
- Homework club takes place on Friday lunchtimes with staff on hand to offer support and help with any queries